Thursday, November 25, 2010

My heart is ready for THE LOST WORLD- My Paraphernalia.

Hi all, i have decided to blog one more round before i get into my Local Nature Course. This is because i am not sure if i will have internet access or even sufficient time to blog in the camp.

Despite busy schedule, i have done some research on some do and donts in trespassing this Lost World, Maliau Basin. Well, believe it or not, just bare in mind, this is not a man made jungle, its a concession zone that was once a thick jungle.

"Have a nick name to yourself" - Hi, my name is ....
"Never pick up any colourful, interesting stones or objects"
"Never answer or shout back when someone is calling you; dont ask me why.."
"Leave some food on your plates for OFFERING after your meal"

well, this are some major and common norms that we have to follow, they might be more we are yet to know, i will update you when i am back, but upon all... bring your almighty with you ...:)

Here are my packings... no make up, no stilts, lots of SPF, Insect repellent and PACAT (leech) repellent ! ( can you imagine i actually found it ), but if you couldnt find, using salt, tobacco in tea tree oil or pee will work too ! Here are my BARANG-BARANG ( Paraphernalia )

I have my Backpack, Sleeping bag, headlight with ( extra batteries),Poncho (raincoat), insect repellent,diarrhea pill, charcoal pill, Panadol, ORS, and traditional Tobacco cigis ( Sirkup). Oh yeah, my little Pugs pouch to put my blackberry so i can update you on FB. Just hope that it doesn't drop into the mud .. and wallah, i am done...

My Poncho is pretty cool, it has 3 in 1 functionality. which i think i will only use 1 of it.. Check the description out :-


It says here : 3 in 1 raincoat, size 140 x 230 cm, Suitable for : hiking, camp or even floor mat.

And i found Leech repellent too !
It says here Proven Effective Against Leeches .. so i dont know how much i can trust it.. but at least i don't have to go too far to search for it... it is available at Damai Sunshine Pharmacy for around RM28.00 ...

And of course, testing testing my headlight... remember extra battery for that..

Anything else i forget on Jungle gadget?Please advice....

Good night.


No comments: