Sunday, March 06, 2011

I lost him ;But I Found Tranquility -KABULONGOU- Part 1


For some close friends who have been following what i was up to... it has been a jagged period for me during the past few months. No, not the jungle trail and the rocky stream, but the tired soul and turning point in life that i have to deal with.. Closing another chapter and opening a new chapter again...Anyway, i replace this lost by trying to find my tranquility.Physically i am so strong that i want to fight with the wild boar if i see any in the interior of the jungle while doing my fam trip assignment. I was so ready, that i felt there is nothing else i can do but to release my anger to the wild. Indeed, i found KABULONGOU... yes KA- BU- LO- NGOU, the hidden waterfall seems conveying his message to me. So, here i was inspired to write about this hidden waterfall...

To make it short, this hidden waterfall is located far deep inside Kg. Saliku, Nabawan. More details of Nabawan HERE. We drove on a muddy and slippery road for about 30 minutes, and our boat were laying behind the truck .. further with almost 20 minutes raft to the trail starting point.

Murutian are famous with their boat making skills, what more handling their boat with passion and care, it seems, the boat is more significant then their life..Well, pictures speaks a thousand words.. here are some photos i took during my expedition with the Murutian.


Carrying the boat down to the stream using their buffalo strength has already triggered my concern. Look at the rocky path and the slippery stone.. i was just wondering if this raft is going to work!



And then, they asked me to sit in the boat and they said
" Jaga-jaga Kau, duduk tengah -tengah yia" which interprets to
" Becareful OK, and sit in the middle"

WHAT?? Does that mean they are not coming in with me??!
and yes, they will be out side in the rapid maneuvering the boat ..!
This is the kind of raft that is absolutely strange to me, it wasn't the one at PADAS RIVER which i use to raft together with my team mates before !

Below: This is Rezon- to him this rapid is just a water splash, ensuring my camera did not get wet is his priority, even though i told him my camera is waterproof, yet he still insist in making his job well done.


This two musketeers are Pailin and Johanis, they are playful and keep teasing me on boat capsized incident.. instead of worrying and listening to their boat captain,they seems enjoying the water more then anyone else.

And yes, these are the two commanders, Uncle Lapan and Amilik. Everyone listen to them so the boat don't collide to the stone around the rapid.


Challenges ahead.....


And splash ! and paddle and splash and paddle (only with a small wooden paddler)


I was just shouting and closing my eyes.. when i see this big stone ahead of our boat.. and i can only hear Uncle Amilik shouted " Pasioki ! Pasioki ! " in Murut language which literally means
" Hurry! Hurry!"

Finally, we made it... and across the point is the starting trail to the hidden water fall...
So, this is where it begins...

A journey to Tranquility......

I end here for my dinner break .... be back for Part II

1 comment:

Unknown said...

how come the guy sitting next to uncle Lapan on the boat looks like Uncle Makinik? lol