Saturday, March 26, 2011

Thank you B2.0 Borneocolours.com 2010



I remember when i first met Laura Tommy, the organizer of Borneocolours.com. I didn't know much about Social Media Networking, its scope and even the insights of Sabahan Bloggers.

Ever since B2.0 which was successfully held last year. I am very much involve in blogging, online media publishing and even using apps that helps on self branding for the purpose of public relation and reaching out loud.

Last 2 weeks, i have an honour to be the emcee for the launching of SABAH Division on the largest PC fair in Malaysia. PIKOM PC FAIR. I was also the emcee for their 25th anniversay regional launch ceremony. I was absolutely my pleasure, thank you.. Jiayee @ Fishy Tiong, Kay Yi from Extinc Exhibition as well as Grace from PIKOM for trusting in my ability.

I was nervous , as i never host an official launching especially being attended by VVIP from ministry or Professional Corporate companies. I am more of a Sabahan vocalist that speaks, with the Sabahan slang and of course, sometimes with Sabahan funny gesture. Oh Well, thats me.

Thank God, the butterfly in my stomach was calm enough and i was first astonished by a little gesture of an elegant lady, giving me a thumbs up for starting with a smile. She is the IFCA
(SABAH) General Manager; and as i speak along, i saw Datuk Yee Mo Chai ( the Minister of Information & Technology Sabah, giving me an acknowledgement smile for welcoming the crowd " Selamat Datang ke SABAH dan Salam 1 Malaysia" following by the kadazan welcome "KOPIVOSIAN".

After the welcoming speech by the President of PIKOM, En. Shaifubrahim from KL, this PIKOM PC fair some what linked me to B2.0 media dialogue. So i responded to the president before inviting Datuk Yee Mo Chai and emphasized to him that :

" YES, WE SABAHAN ARE VERY MUCH INTO SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORKING, ESPECIALLY ON FACEBOOK, LINKED IN, TWITTER, BLOGGING AND you name it; all we need are proper set up of infrastructure, especially to out reach the villages in Sabah, then education comes in,"

and wallah, this sentence triggered the crowd, and i was shocked that even Datuk Yee, rephrased my terms.. and he explained that how much fund was allocated to reach out on CSR
( Corporate Social Responsibility), to build infrastructure to the village school for computer facilities as well as setting up computer classes for the schools.

I reflect back... and i know B2.0 gives an impact not only to me, but to a lot of you out there to develop what you desire. Your networking, business, research, even your own publicity.

Thank you B2.0 ; for putting me a step ahead in Social Media Networking.






2 comments:

Mouren said...

Good job dear! I'm so proud of you...

Jess In Borneo said...

What a wonderful experience!Look forward to learn more from your sharing :)